Sep 29, 2010

Our first Challenge!! Join the fun and prizes!!! And... get published!!!

It has been a little over a week since the launching of our pretty magazine. It has been so much fun and inspiring to hear back from so many of you who purchased the magazine and loved it.
Make me personally proud to have accomplished what I set out to do and make me look forward to bringing you more beauty and future issues. If you haven't gotten your copy yet, you can go to: http://www.magcloud.com/browse/Issue/111859 and purchase your copy of our magazine. Discounted price is still available till tomorrow the 30th of September. 

Its beginning to look a lot like Fall, and then it's Christmas!!! My favorite holiday.  The second issue which is a holiday special is already in the works with more talented artists and crafters included.

For those who have received their issue, they noticed that we have included pull out pages in the center with a variety of images that you can use for your projects. And that is where we get to the Challenge. 



Using the following two photo images that are included in your copy of the magazine, create a seasonal/holiday theme piece.

First image is this little girl below, all bundled up and ready for her Christmas afternoon tea with her friends, her image is wonderful for that holiday or winter project, ornament, card, you name it.


Second image is the following girl all dressed and posing on her momma's pretty chair. Wouldn't she look cute with a pair of wings on your Vintage Charming Christmas tree??


And so the challenge is, 
Picking one of the above images, let your imagination flow and create a holiday piece?
Send us pictures of your finished creation and we will hold an election for the most charming and creative idea, artwork. Please send your pictures to sonia@creatingvintagecharm.com. 
I should have your images by Oct 20th so right after I will put up a post here so everyone can vote for the best piece. Do not forget to include your name and website/blog URL with your entry.

We will pick a Second place and First place/Winner for best creation/artwork.

~Second place winner will have free access to an Ezine, provided by Cassandra VanCurren at 
And also
A free copy of our holiday issue of Creating Vintage Charm when it becomes available.



~The Winner for the challenge will win a Victorian Boot Pillow created and provided by 
Janet Bernasconi at Janet's Creative Pillows
and free access to the eZine above. 
May also have more goodies included in Winners Box since more gifts are coming in ;)
And also
A free copy of our holiday issue of Creating Vintage Charm when it becomes available.




Both Winners and up to 3 other contestants' work will also be published in our Holiday issue of 
Creating Vintage Charm.

So go on, pull out your glue or what not. 
Remember to look at the Terms of Use for how YOU CAN and CANNOT use these images. 

Have FUN!!!!!

10 comments:

Hearts Turned said...

What fun, Sonia! I love a good challenge.....!

The images are gorgeous and will be such fun to use--thanks!

Julie

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

I received my magazine today and I love it ~ well done!! This challenge sounds like fun!!

Heather's Blog-o-rama said...

I loved the images you shared on the post today...very sweet...and I can't wait to see what people come up with!!! Congrats again to starting this fabulous magazine!!! Love and hugs from Oregon, Heather :)

debi said...

Oh, this sounds like fun Sonia!!
I love the image section! I think that's a really fun feature of your magazine!!!!!!!!!!

Adeline Country Cottage said...

Hey Sonia,

Love it and getting to work now.

XXX
Kirstie.

homespun1 said...

I have not had a chance to get your magazine..is it available on news stands or do I purchase via the site you have posted for that first copy..sorry for being out of the loop?

Musings From A French Cottage said...

This looks like a wonderful magazine snd congratulations to you for getting it published!! What an accomplishment!

God Bless,
Kathleen

Pansy Cottage Girl said...

Hi Sonia~
I received my issue so quickly and have reread it several times. I'm so proud of you, this is quite an accomplishment.

Pat Winter Gatherings said...

Hopefully sending my picture of entry tonight. Are you accepting entries on the 20th???? Just in case my muse runs out on me????
Smiles,
Pat

Anonymous said...

I vote for Pat Winter's stocking, it tells a story besides being beautiful.
Jan Obertein