Feb 1, 2012

Vintage Sheet Music Around the Home by Country Chiq


My inbox for Creating Vintage Charm submissions is always packed with so many great ideas and pictures, makes it difficult to choose from. But what if I do not want to choose? I want to put them all out there. Here are these wonderful artists, crafters and homemakers hoping to reach out and inspire with their wonderful ideas. Isn't that what Creating Vintage Charm is all about?! So I decided to put this bloggity blog to use and feature some of these wonderful creative people by hosting blog posts.

Today we present you our first guest, Melissa Jenkins from Country Chiq with Vintage Sheet Music wall art.


~ Sonia






By Melissa Jenkins 

I have been slightly obsessed with displaying vintage sheet music around my home.  One of my favorites is the sweet little girl who is calling Heaven. 



It matches perfectly in my “yellow” guest room, by adding a splash of yellow on the white desk.



I also created a feature wall in my living room.

 

I collected frames from thrift and discount stores and painted them white.  Then I traced the sizes of the frames onto Kraft paper and taped them onto the wall.  I played around with how to place them on the wall before nailing in the hanging hooks.



When I decided on where to place the frames, I nailed the hooks into the kraft paper and then tore them off and hung up the frames. I then added a few vintage items below the frames.




And finally, I absolutely love this last sheet of music, and so do my daughters!  I used this as a prop for my Valentine’s Day decorations for my Etsy shop.




Charming Note: Melissa Jenkins writes a blog called Country Chiq. A beautiful blog filled with wonderful and yet simple ideas on decorating and creating vintage vignettes at home such as this one most recent post.


Make sure to visit with her at http://www.countrychiq.blogspot.com/



7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aren't those two little girls adorable! Those are some great ideas for displaying vintage sheet music. I enjoying collecting them as well, but don't always want to rip them apart to cover a footstool! I have a very old copy of Ave Maria that I should try framing, thanks for the inspiration. Marcia

Pansy Cottage Girl said...

I LOVE this idea of featuring beautiful submissions for your magazine!

Royal Rococo said...

I love those vintage prints beautiful idea! now you got me thinking I might put some in my bathroom in an antique hue! since my bathroom is cream- lovely feature post!

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

Wonderful ideas!
Off to check out her blog...

Michele said...

gorgeous! just lovely. xo

Debt Collection said...

Great frame collections for the crafting.I really like this white color wall.It look royal and fabulous.So nice of art create in this blog.

Seher Sarı said...

very good decor..