Apr 8, 2015

SPRING CHEER ON MY TABLE!

Its Spring break this week and kids are home and so am I. I had recently moved office to a space downtown so lately I'm not around much in the mornings until kids get off school. I do enjoy this arrangement though! My office is an interior design and decorating shop and I'm part of the team there. The ladies I work with are amazing and they feel more like a family to me then just friends. 


The sweetest thing happened last week when a lady walked into the shop with a box full of china and dishes she said she brought out for me when she cleared her attic. The box had a set of blue and white transferware plates and miscellaneous cups and saucers. I fell in love with the pink footed teacup with gold polka dots. So this week, since I'm home I decided I wanted to use these gifted treasures for a tablescape. Together they all make for a cheery, colorful table for spring. 



My IKEA pitcher is filled with white daisies, pink roses and tulips.



My darling pink footed teacup.



A caddy filled with pretty straws and napkins.




My new treasures: The blue and white plates.






By the window I have a wooden box stuffed with pretty plates. The box is one I made and tutorial can be found here: http://creatingvintagecharm.blogspot.com/2014/06/do-it-yourself-vintage-style-tool-box.html










I love my new treasures and I am very thankful for my new friend and for thinking of me. I will cherish these gifts for a long time.  

I hope you are enjoying this most beautiful season of Spring. I am patiently awaiting for my lilacs and peonies to bloom. 

Have a wonderful rest of the week!! xo

Sonia

3 comments:

Unknown said...

What a lovely and so pretty post...thank you for adding beauty to my day!

Victoria Silva

Shingle Cottage said...

Everything looks so fresh and pretty Sonia,how kind to have those beautiful plates gifted,enjoy them xxx

Rosemary and Thyme said...

I love the bright room. It is fresh and very charming. I love all the pretty floral touches in your dining room. And what a sweet and thoughtful friend. She knew you would treasure them forever.

Warm regards,

Janet
rosemary-thyme.blogspot.com