Oct 11, 2013

My "New" Piano!!



I invite you to click on play with me and enjoy my current favorite classical piece by 
Johann Sebastian Bach ~ The sheep may safely graze.



This piano may have had its better days, but in my heart and in my soul, its still playing the most wonderful music... Mozart, Bach, Tchaikovsky... 




Perhaps serenaded a ballerina while she practiced her pirouette 



I can see it all... in my imagination!!



And now, its going to sit in my studio to fuel my inspiration and bring my creativity to life while I listen to Bach...








Behind that glass door.... in my studio... 
where dreams come alive!!


I have been working tirelessly on my studio, painting, spackling,  fixing, more painting...glazed windows, built a mantel... list goes on!! 

Well, I finally got my first piece in there. Something I never thought I would ever have. But you never know what opportunities you may come across every ones in a while...

Friday of last week I was making my rounds at thrift stores and on the curb of the last shop, was the white piano. I wanted it and the shop owner even asked me to take it...for free. IF {That is the key here} I could find anyone to haul it for me. Yes, it may not be a big piano but it is still very heavy. But my heart was set on it. It took me a week to round up a couple of guys to haul it home to me.

Well, it made it home last night, and I am in the clouds!! I think a piano is one of the grandest things to own... And now I have one!! sigh**

I love my white, tattered and worn piano with its spindle front legs!! 

Keys are all there, still play. Very out of tune and some keys get stuck... but in my heart it still plays!!

I cannot wait till I am moved into my studio so I can enjoy it and hear that music playing!!

Con tanto amore...
da Sonia



12 comments:

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

The lovely piano was patiently waiting for you Sonia! LOVE the photo through the glass door, very inspiring!!
Enjoy!

debi said...

I doubt that piano has ever looked more beautiful. The two of you were meant to be together!

boulderdamcottage said...

Hi Sonia, it is so pretty! How lucky you are! I wish I had the one i found and finished but sadly no room! C u on FB, I am following you now, love the blog! kat =^.^=

Brigitte said...

Wonderful, soothing music and beautiful photos enjoying ....with a cup of coffee, baking break!

Shabby chic Sandy said...

That piano is dreamy! I took lessons for 5 years as a child--but haven't touched a piano in years. That is so perfect looking--being out of tune with sticky keys wouldn't bother me at all--she is gorgeous!

Nancy said...

Sonia, You are so blessed to have met up with such an Inspirational piece for your New Studio! For some reason I can clearly see you cherishing every moment it's in your presence~ A match made in Heaven!

Huggs, Nancy

Burlap Luxe said...

Where beautiful dreams happen.
Soulful visit here, breathtaking photos. So wish I had a studio like this one of yours.

Xx
Doré

farmhouse-story said...

your pics are so charming, sonia--just like your latest magazine:)

Shingle Cottage said...

Oh Sonia i think the ballerina is you! Your beautiful old tattered piano will always have you wanting to pirouette and dream in ribbons and tulle,she has been sent from heaven above,she sat patiently waiting for a creative soul who would hear her song,i love that you are together!
i am going to get 'the sheep may safely graze' too such a beautiful piece of music.
Thank you for such a beautiful post xxx

Stan and Jody Gabara said...

What a wonderful dream room!

Jody

Shabby Passion said...

Dear Sonia, shall I write in Italian or English... I got confused.. and anyway, maybe easier for all in English, I really loved this post of yours, I loved the way you describe tyour love for the white piano, it seems it was waiting for you!!
I really loved it!
thanks for sharing this..
ciaoo
Lisa

Suzanne MacCrone Rogers • Italian Girl in Georgia™ said...

Beautiful Sonia! Love all your photos and that piano is fabulous ~ and such a bargain, too!