Aug 18, 2013

Wrapping Up The Summer Season

Have you been asking yourself, where have this summer gone?
I know I have. 

As we approach the end of it, I get more excited, fall is almost here. Yes, I am looking forward to the warm colors and crisp air of fall.

School have started this past Wednesday and all my kids will be in school by the 26th so I figured its time to bow out of the season and take a few last shots of summer blooms. 

I guess you can call these late summer blossoms.





I got lucky last night at the thrift store. I found a white stoneware soup tureen and another gravy boat, you now see added to my white collection in the hutch. 



I do hope you had a wonderful summer. Ours wasn't that special. Last year we spent it in Europe with my family. Now THAT was a great summer! This year my daughter fractured her arm as soon as school vacation kicked off. Then I spent the rest of the season dealing with medical issues myself. 

I'm ready to bid this summer good bye and welcome the fall. I am a currently working on the fall issue of Creating Vintage Charm, and also very excited about what is shaping up to be another fantastic issue. 

Are you ready for fall? What do you like most about it? Care to share?...

4 comments:

must love junk said...

Sonia, summer went way too fast!
Hope you're feeling your best! :)
Susan

Shabby Passion said...

Sonia, hi, I just found your blog and I love it sooo much! the pics you posted are awesome.. although I wished summer lasted forever... fall makes me soo nostalgic...
well I'm happy I met you!
Big hug
Lisa

Anne said...

Sorry to hear about your daughter! Hope you are feeling better too! Yes the summer went way to fast.My daughter is in her second week of school already!
xx
Anne

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

It seems that Summer goes by quicker each year! I am looking forward to your next issue and the beauty you will share!